About Me

Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom
I am mother, librarian, avid reader, sf fan, writer (unpubished), singer(amateur), animal lover, needlewoman.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year begins

Today is 2 Jan 2011. Another new year begins.

It is odd how significant the change of year is, because it doesn't really make any change, or any difference, except for remembering to write the new year. However we mostly feel that it does make a difference.

We have had a lovely Christmas and New Year. All the children were home for Christmas, except for my son in law who was in Afghanistan. Both girls had dreadful coughs so we had a lazy, easy Christmas. My sister and husband came for New Year, which is also B's birthday, and again we had a lovely time.

I am now really tired for some reason, so am lazing watching the tv.

'A Matter of Life and Death' is on, with very young actors eg Richard Attenborough. I haven't seen this film for years, and it is even more surreal than I remembered it.

1 comment:

oreneta said...

I'm glad you all had a lovely time, it was kind of fun writing 1.1.11 yesterday for the date.