About Me

Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom
I am mother, librarian, avid reader, sf fan, writer (unpubished), singer(amateur), animal lover, needlewoman.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bit of a rubbish start to 2011

New year was lovely, and it was all great till the afternoon of 2nd Jan, then I felt achy and cold and developed a mild flu sort of thing. So spent the afternoon watching tv, went to bed at 7 and spent the next day either in bed or watching tv. Ho hum

I should be back at work today, but stayed in bed till 10 snoozing, and since then have done a little bit, then sat down for a rest, etc.

However my new iPod touch has come into its own because I found Radio 7 on it and was in bed listening to the dramatisation of the Hound of the Baskervilles earlier, which is something I find really relaxing. It is not Sherlock Holmes specifically, but to lie in bed being read to or talked to is a really lovely indulgence I find.

Luckily I have remembered I have a dentist appointment this afternoon - it is written into the diary at work - and I will be back in work tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good start to 2011, preferably minus the coughs, colds and flu that seem so prevalent.

1 comment:

oreneta said...

I am so sorry you've had a bit of a rubbish start. If I were not gorging myself on fabulous artwork I too would be with you as I do feel rather rubbish myself. Glad the ipod is helping out anyway.