About Me

Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom
I am mother, librarian, avid reader, sf fan, writer (unpubished), singer(amateur), animal lover, needlewoman.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

King's speech

We went to see the King's Speech yesterday.

It is a really good film. I was gripped right from the beginning, and you were so fully behind George VI with the stammer and the agony of having to make speeches, or try to.

The story is a really human one, and it is surprising that it wasn't better known beforee.

I recommend it unreservedly.

It is part of manic week.

At work we have the self issue machines going live on Monday and there is lots to do for that, we are trying to put together a semi tender for ebooks in 6 weeks instead of 6 months, plus the rest of the day job.

At home I had bookclub on Tuesday, we went to the cinema last night, tonight (thankfully) I am at home, though B is out with the family for a meal, tomorrow we go to a concert and Saturday we are going to see Black Swan!!! Why all in one week?

1 comment:

Boo and Trev said...

Loved the King's Speech. Colin for me and Helena for Trev. What's not to like?
Be interested in what you think of Black Swan. Very mixed reviews. They interviewed ballet dancers in the Guardian who were very sniffy about Portman's dancing. However, critics are critics so I want somebody I know to give me an opinions