About Me

Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom
I am mother, librarian, avid reader, sf fan, writer (unpubished), singer(amateur), animal lover, needlewoman.

Friday, March 6, 2009


I had an exciting dinner time yesterday. I grilled burgers for myself and Ad, my son, but as he wasn't in from work when it was done, I put his back under the grill, and (I thought) turned the grill off. Only I hadn't. Instead of keeping Ad's burger nicely warm it - after a bit - set it alight. Smell of burning - what is that? So I opened the grill door and flames shot out, and caught my hair. I put the hair out very quickly and then looked at the flames coming out of the grill.

Hmm, now what?

Now what was leave it. As it was only the fat in the bottom of the grill pan I left it to burn out which it did quite quickly thankfully.

However my hair was a bit burnt, so I had to chop some bits off the side, and then go off to my Pilates class smelling like a bad bonfire because I didn't have time to wash it until afterwards.

Luckily I already have a hair appointment booked for tomorrow, because my hair is a bit lopsided at the moment.

Ad didn't get his burger for dinner though, as it had been GBH as Brian, my partner pointed out - Grilled by Helen.

1 comment:

oreneta said...

Well, you're certainly starting the blog off with a bang! How did you put your hair out? Goodness!