About Me

Llantwit Major, Wales, United Kingdom
I am mother, librarian, avid reader, sf fan, writer (unpubished), singer(amateur), animal lover, needlewoman.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cassandra again!

I am beginning to feel like the woman in Up Pompeii who runs around saying 'Woe, woe and thrice woe!

I took my laptop to the library today and it picked up the internet signal.

I came home and tried here - nothing.

After a while of doing other things I phoned to the ISP to talk to them again and .... I got an internet signal.

I came downstairs and started doing things and 10 mins later lost the internet.

Ho hum.

It is a very intermittent fault, so off it goes back to the shop on Saturday.

I'm trying to think of some brighter news but its all a bit gloomy at the moment.

At least I am not in Pakistan or down a mine in Chile. All pretty trivial by comparison.

1 comment:

Boo and Trev said...

Helen, has anything changed in the house regarding the position of the wireless router or any new wireless devices? Sometimes interference can occur, this can be rectified sometimes by moving the wireless transmitter/receiver. A good test would be to put your laptop right next to the router and see if it work consistently then. Actually I am assuming you problems connecting to the router - it could be the actual Internet connection is flaky. Another trick is to change the channel the router uses, this will be on the router interface via the web browser. If you had a Windows PC we could arrange for me to connect remotely and examine the settings. Sadly I don't think Apple has such a facility - certainly not for remot Windows PCs anyway. I can try and talk you through some of this this evening or maybe sometime over the weekend if that would help