There are people dying in tents from fumes - using barbqs in the tent, or having gas fires running in the tent with no ventilation apparently. How very sad, but also - I can't help thinking - stupid. Surely people should realise that these things aren't for use inside a tent?
One of the kids had some friends visiting and they went to the beach. Anywhere in the UK is only 80 miles or less from the sea, but one of the friends - not a stupid girl - had to have tides explained to her in some detail. How can people not know that you have to be careful of tides when swimming in the sea? Is it because people go on holiday to the Med where there aren't tides?